Permanent, full time
Northridge is an independent law firm with a particular focus on the sport sector. We are a team of 27 fee earners working on the most complex and important work in the sports industry for a roster of high profile domestic and international clients. Northridge is ranked in Tier 1 for Sport in both Legal 500 and Chambers.
Northridge’s corporate work in sport continues to grow, with a strong client list on both the rightsholder and investor side (including a number of leading investment firms). We are now looking to recruit a junior corporate lawyer to join our team. As well as advising on a range of corporate matters, you will have the ability to broaden your practice and work on a range of governance, finance, regulatory and commercial matters, as required.
Work will therefore include:
- High profile corporate deals (from club takeovers to private equity investment in sports assets)
- Corporate transactions involving earlier stage tech businesses operating in sports and entertainment (in particular involving members of Northridge Track)
- Sports governance
- Financing of football clubs (receivables financing in particular)
- Establishing new sports competitions (domestically and internationally)
- Sponsorship agreements and other forms of commercial agreements
- Financial regulation (FFP and Salary Caps)
- Player contracts, player transfers and image rights
This role would suit an ambitious lawyer, ideally 2 – 3 years+ pqe, looking to join a growing and exciting firm.
- Solid corporate experience (private company M&A, venture capital, joint ventures etc.) from a leading City practice
- Exceptional communicator, with strong client facing skills
- Excellent academics
- Finance and/or commercial experience will be an advantage, but is not essential
- Experience in sports law is not required however a desire to advise the sports industry when the stakes are highest is essential
Remuneration is very competitive and you will join Northridge’s unique profit-sharing pool which enables all team members to participate in the profits of the firm.
Click here to apply.