Northridge is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment for all our staff and visitors. An important part of that commitment is sharing our aims and key actions publicly.
- To have a working environment in which all staff and visitors feel respected, equal, included and free to be themselves.
- To attract as diverse a field of candidates as possible, with a particular focus on ensuring equal opportunities for the Black, Asian and minority ethnic community, when recruiting for positions across the firm.
- To contribute towards increasing diversity across the legal profession.
Our key actions
- We have one named member of our partnership, Ian Lynam, who is accountable for diversity and inclusion within the firm.
- Ian is supported by a dedicated group of Northridge team members who meet regularly to monitor progress against our aims and communicate progress to the wider firm.
- We have appointed two Diversity Champions, Jamie Feldman and Hannah Brunskill, with whom staff can speak to raise concerns relating to diversity and inclusion.
- We encourage and support the active challenge of unacceptable behaviour.
- We are supporting Northridge team members to act as mentors to individuals from underrepresented groups, whether informally or through our partnerships with other organisations.
- We have removed minimum A-Level grades from our trainee recruitment requirements.